It’s no secret that chocolate and peanut butter make a delicious combo. These two together are the quintessential comfort treat. That is why when we heard about the following recipe, we just knew we had to try it: Chocolate peanut butter waffles.
Waffles are a breakfast staple but this decadent recipe is more like a dessert. It wouldn’t be a stretch to serve it as such after your main course at dinner with a few tweaks to the Alton Brown-inspired recipe. Think about it: chocolate rich waffles with a delicious, gooey thick peanut butter sauce. Serve it à la mode with a scoop of ice cream and you’ve got heaven on a plate.
Go ahead, indulge.
CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER WAFFLE RECIPE
What You Need
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons toasted almond slivers
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream or milk
- 1 scoop vanilla (or any flavor) ice cream – Optional
How to Make It
- Preheat your waffle iron following manufacturer’s directions.
- Combine flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, salt, and baking soda in a large bowl. Whisk to combine.
- Beat together eggs, oil, vanilla, and buttermilk in a medium bowl until combined.
- Stir wet mixture into the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Cook the waffles following your waffle maker’s directions.
- While the waffles are cooking, prepare the sauce by stirring together the peanut butter and cream in a small sauce pan over low heat. Stir until well combined and melted.
- Drizzle the peanut butter sauce over the cooked waffles and top off with almond slivers.
- As an optional last step, add a scoop of ice cream over the waffles.
- Dig in!
This recipe yields 5 large waffles.More Like This: Food, Food & Home