Eating healthy is not the easiest thing to do, which is why we tried to make it simple with a mouth-watering salad that not only will satisfy your taste buds, but will help you to reach your goal of a healthier lifestyle as well.
Check out this recipe from Nick Stellino, one of the most popular chefs in America. This spinach salad with feta cheese and seedless grapes is sure to delight.
What You Need
For the dressing:
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon C&H® or Domino® sugar
- 6 tablespoons DaVinci® Extra Virgin Olive Oil
For the salad:
- 7 ounces bay spinach leaves
- 5 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
- 1 cup red seedless grapes, cut in half
- 5 tablespoons feta cheese, crumbled
How to Make It
- Place all of the ingredients except the olive oil in a food processor and process for about 30 seconds.
- Add the oil in a thin stream until it is all incorporated into the dressing.
- Turn off the processor, transfer the dressing to a bowl, and put aside until you are ready to dress the salad.
To prepare the salad:
In a large bowl, mix the spinach leaves, pine nuts and seedless grapes, and toss with the dressing. Divide the mixture among 4 plates, sprinkle with the crumbled feta cheese, and serve.
Stellino spent the first 17 years of his life in Palermo, Italy until he moved to the United States to become a Wall Street broker in the 1980’s. Feeling unsatisfied as a broker, he decided to pursue a culinary career in 1991. It is now 22 years later, and Stellino has transformed into one of the most popular chefs in America. Today, he has a national television series and ten published cookbooks. He has also been featured on different shows such as The Oprah Winfrey show, The Today Show and Good Morning America. He formed Nick Stellino Productions in which he is a Business Strategist and Motivational Speaker. Stellino now continues to pursue his passion with food, and lives with his wife of 30 years, Nanci in Thousand Oaks, California.More Like This: Food, Food & Home