Nothing beats a recipe that’s both delicious and easy to make. You’re sure to impress your friends and family if you whip-up a batch of these tried-and-true 4-ingredient Maple Almond Butter Cups.
If you’ve been looking for a delicious alternative to peanut butter treats, search no more! These offer the perfect blend of nutty flavors, balanced with rich chocolate-y goodness.
These make the perfect treat for you and your family, or the perfect contribution to any gathering.
Each batch makes 24 chocolates, and it only takes about 20 minutes to prep!
MAPLE ALMOND BUTTER CUP RECIPE
For the maple almond butter filling you’ll need:
- 1 cup almond butter
(We found a way to get a FREE 16oz jar of Justin’s Almond Butter here!)
- Scant 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 11 ounces dark chocolate
- Maldon salt, for topping
- Melt the chocolate chips plus 1 tablespoon of coconut oil in a saucepan over low heat.
- Pour a teaspoon of melted chocolate into mini muffin tin cups – greased lightly with coconut oil.
- While cups chill in the fridge or freezer for 10 minutes, melt the almond butter, maple syrup, and 1 tablespoon coconut oil in a saucepan over low heat, adding the honey and vanilla while stirring. Salt to taste. Spoon a heaping teaspoon of almond butter mixture into each muffin cup.
- Spoon the remaining chocolate on top of the almond butter layer and chill in the fridge until set, about 1/2 hour in the fridge or 10-15 minutes in the freezer. Enjoy!