This tried-and-true Deviled Eggs recipe is a great way to get a protein kick.
With the perfect ratio of egg to yolk, these two-bite hors d’oeuvres yield the creamiest filling.
Although deviled eggs seem to be a favorite party staple, you may be the only one of your friends or the only person in your family who loves them. Many people opt to turn down this yolky delight because they are usually drowning in mayo but this recipe does not disappoint.
Just make sure not to eat a whole tray of them by yourself. Trust me. You’ll regret it later.
DEVILED EGGS RECIPE
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 stalk celery, finely chopped (Instead of celery and salt, you may use celery salt.)
- 1/4 onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 dash of hot sauce (add more spice if you want your eggs hotter)
- Salt to taste
- Paprika, for garnish
- First, you need to hard boil the eggs. Place six eggs in a pot and add just enough cold water so that they are fully immersed. Place heat on high.
- Add a little salt to the pot. This will make the eggs easier to peel after they are boiled.
- Cover and bring eggs to a boil.
- Then turn off the heat and let them sit for about 12 minutes with the cover on.
- Rinse eggs with cold water
- Once they’ve cooled, peel and cut lengthwise.
- Place the whites on a plate and the yolks in a bowl.
- Combine remaining ingredients (except for the paprika) with the yolks in the bowl, and mix together.
- Scoop mixture into egg whites
- Top with a sprinkle of paprika, and enjoy!